Albert Small buys George Washington letter for $290,000 -- but don’t tell his wife
If you’re reading this and run into Albert Small’s wife, hide the newspaper. Mum’s the word, okay?
The local real estate developer just bought a letter written by George Washington for $290,000 — but he hasn’t mentioned the purchase to Shirley, his spouse of more than 60 years.
“I don’t tell my wife these things,” he told us Monday. “She doesn’t like to hear about it.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch