UNO and Tulane collaborate on New Orleans history app
History lovers of New Orleans, it's time to give yourself a fun -- and free -- dose of local info. A collaboration of the History Department of the University of New Orleans and the Communication Department of Tulane University has produced New Orleans Historical, a free app for the Android or iPhone or tablet, as well as a rich website with historical photos, audio, video and more. Links to the smart phone applications are on the home page of the website....
"We finally have a way to exhibit a lot of the history we've been researching for the last few years," said Michael Mizell-Nelson, associate professor of history at UNO. "It's a platform for making undergrad and graduate research work available to the public."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse