UNO and Tulane collaborate on New Orleans history app
History lovers of New Orleans, it's time to give yourself a fun -- and free -- dose of local info. A collaboration of the History Department of the University of New Orleans and the Communication Department of Tulane University has produced New Orleans Historical, a free app for the Android or iPhone or tablet, as well as a rich website with historical photos, audio, video and more. Links to the smart phone applications are on the home page of the website....
"We finally have a way to exhibit a lot of the history we've been researching for the last few years," said Michael Mizell-Nelson, associate professor of history at UNO. "It's a platform for making undergrad and graduate research work available to the public."...
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?