UNO and Tulane collaborate on New Orleans history app
History lovers of New Orleans, it's time to give yourself a fun -- and free -- dose of local info. A collaboration of the History Department of the University of New Orleans and the Communication Department of Tulane University has produced New Orleans Historical, a free app for the Android or iPhone or tablet, as well as a rich website with historical photos, audio, video and more. Links to the smart phone applications are on the home page of the website....
"We finally have a way to exhibit a lot of the history we've been researching for the last few years," said Michael Mizell-Nelson, associate professor of history at UNO. "It's a platform for making undergrad and graduate research work available to the public."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims