Historian Mohammad Amin dies at 86
New Delhi Historian and educationist Mohammad Amin, who was a teacher at St. Stephen’s College for over four decades, passed away in New Delhi on Saturday. He was 86.
Affectionately called Amin Saheb, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2010. He is survived by his wife Khursheed Amin, son Shahid Amin and daughter Ghazala Amin. His last rites would be performed tomorrow.
Valson Thampu, principal of St Stephen’s College, said: “Mr Amin had a very memorable and long association with the college. Apart from being an enthusiastic teacher, he influenced generations of students. I was fortunate to have been his colleague from 1973 till the time he retired.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets