Historian Mohammad Amin dies at 86
New Delhi Historian and educationist Mohammad Amin, who was a teacher at St. Stephen’s College for over four decades, passed away in New Delhi on Saturday. He was 86.
Affectionately called Amin Saheb, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2010. He is survived by his wife Khursheed Amin, son Shahid Amin and daughter Ghazala Amin. His last rites would be performed tomorrow.
Valson Thampu, principal of St Stephen’s College, said: “Mr Amin had a very memorable and long association with the college. Apart from being an enthusiastic teacher, he influenced generations of students. I was fortunate to have been his colleague from 1973 till the time he retired.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!