Week of December 31, 2012
"The Other Civil War"
Howard Zinn, Abraham Lincoln, Lerone Bennett, Stephen Spielberg, and Me
Why are High-Capacity Magazines Still Legal?
There's no valid non-military reason to own one.
News at Home
What About All the Thousands of Other Kids Killed with Guns?
Why does it take a "massacre of the innocents" in order to effect change?
Gun Control and Arms Control
Using the UN to solve both.
New evidence that American soldiers were knowingly exposed to nerve gas.
Historians & History
Improvising Digital History in the Deep South Digital Desert
How to make digital history beyond the coasts.
The Grand Emancipation Jubilee
How did the public celebrate the proclamation 150 years ago, in 1863?
Where Are the Pseudohistory Wars?
Immanuel Velikovsky's pseudoscientific theories also had an historical component, so why isn't he labeled a pseudohistorian?
Picturing the History of Sexuality in America
What’s the first image that comes to mind when you think of the word “sex”?
It's ... pretty good.
It's ... also pretty good.
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!