Jutland survivor to get a facelifttags: historic preservation, World War I, Battle of Jutland, Daily Mail (UK)
It is the last remaining survivor of the 1916 Battle of Jutland with its glory days far behind it.
But now, the future of this historically significant war ship looks decidedly brighter.
HMS Caroline has been given a grant of £1million for urgent repairs.
The vital money will pay for work that will prevent further decay to the Belfast-based light cruiser while plans are finalised for its long-term future in the city.
Works will include making the ship wind and water tight and incorporate the removal of dangerous asbestos while the ship is in situ and afloat....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch