Roman artefact discovered in Sudeley Castle cupboardtags: archaeology, Roman, AD, Cotswold
A Roman sculpture of a Cotswold god has been found in a castle cupboard after being missing for over 100 years.
The artefact, dated 150-350AD, was first found during an archaeological dig on the estate of Sudeley Castle in 1875.
But when historians found records of the discovery in the 1960s, there was no trace of the sculpture.
The Roman altar God has now been found in a basement cupboard during a clear out at the Gloucestershire castle....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch