First English-language biography of Pope Francis by Church historian Matthew Bunson
HUNTINGTON — With the election of Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires as successor to Benedict XVI, Our Sunday Visitor Publishing is releasing the first English-language biography of the newest leader of the global Catholic Church.
Written by the author of the first English-language biography of Benedict XVI, Dr. Matthew Bunson — senior correspondent for Our Sunday Visitor, acclaimed church historian, and author of over 45 books — Pope Francis (Our Sunday Visitor, 2013) is based on years of Bunson’s research and observation of Cardinal Bergoglio among the College of Cardinals, as well as of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI....
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding