Sanitation strikers recall MLK’s death
It’s been 45 years since Martin Luther King Jr. was killed after coming to Memphis, Tenn., to support the sanitation workers’ strike. Two of the men who demonstrated in the streets that day spoke with NBC’s Ann Curry about their fight to make a better community for their families.
comments powered by Disqus
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is