BBC journalist posed as historian for NK visittags: historians, BBC, North Korea, journalists
A student has told how she was conned by the BBC into believing its journalist was a history professor so he travel to North Korea for a Panorama investigation.
The London School of Economics student, who wants to remain anonymous, has intensified pressure on the BBC, which is under fire over a Pyongyang documentary shown last night.
The student told MailOnline: '[Panorama journalist] John Sweeney was presented to use as a history professor from a university in Beijing.
'I was wondering why they were filming him so much. It was two days before then end of the trip that I realised he was an undercover journalist.'...
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original