BBC journalist posed as historian for NK visittags: historians, BBC, North Korea, journalists
A student has told how she was conned by the BBC into believing its journalist was a history professor so he travel to North Korea for a Panorama investigation.
The London School of Economics student, who wants to remain anonymous, has intensified pressure on the BBC, which is under fire over a Pyongyang documentary shown last night.
The student told MailOnline: '[Panorama journalist] John Sweeney was presented to use as a history professor from a university in Beijing.
'I was wondering why they were filming him so much. It was two days before then end of the trip that I realised he was an undercover journalist.'...
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals