Gun Controltags: Teacher's Edition, gun control, lesson plans, Zografia Polemikos
Students will understand the topic of gun control and express their opinions through a RAFT assignment.
Students will participate in a lock down drill and understand the procedures.
Essential Question: How can gun violence be reduced?
Tell students that in 2012 alone, almost 450 people in Chicago died from something. Have them guess what it could be. After a few guesses have been made, tell students that these deaths were from gun violence.
(For more information, see this article from the Chicago Sun-Times)
Role and audience can overlap, but below are a few additional examples:
When the RAFT activity is wrapped up, explain to the students that schools have plans to keep students safe in the event that the school is threatened in any way, including gun related threats. Go through your school’s lockdown procedures and have students take part in a brief drill.
Accommodations for students with special needs
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch