Catherine Wanner to lead Penn State honors program started by Paterno familytags: Catherine Wanner, Penn State, Joe Paterno, honors programs, Centre Daily Times
A Penn State history professor will take over as director of the honors program started with the help of the family of former head football coach Joe Paterno.
Catherine Wanner will become director of the Paterno Fellows Program in the College of the Liberal Arts starting July 1. She succeeds English professor Jack Selzer, who will return to teaching and research under a professorship endowed by the Paterno family.
The program is designed to challenge undergraduate students academically and to give them financial support to take on internships, study-abroad programs or research projects. Students have to maintain a 3.4 GPA....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I