Catherine Wanner to lead Penn State honors program started by Paterno familytags: Catherine Wanner, Penn State, Joe Paterno, honors programs, Centre Daily Times
A Penn State history professor will take over as director of the honors program started with the help of the family of former head football coach Joe Paterno.
Catherine Wanner will become director of the Paterno Fellows Program in the College of the Liberal Arts starting July 1. She succeeds English professor Jack Selzer, who will return to teaching and research under a professorship endowed by the Paterno family.
The program is designed to challenge undergraduate students academically and to give them financial support to take on internships, study-abroad programs or research projects. Students have to maintain a 3.4 GPA....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood