Have long-lost pyramids been found in Egypt?Breaking News
tags: Discovery News, pyramids, ancient Egypt
Mysterious, pyramid-like structures spotted in the Egyptian desert by an amateur satellite archaeologist might be long-lost pyramids after all, according to a new investigation into the enigmatic mounds.
Angela Micol, who last year found the structures using Google Earth 5,000 miles away in North Carolina, says puzzling features have been uncovered during a preliminary ground proofing expedition, revealing cavities and shafts.
"Moreover, it has emerged these formations are labeled as pyramids on several old and rare maps," Micol told Discovery News....
comments powered by Disqus
- John Hume, Nobel Laureate for Work in Northern Ireland, Dies at 83
- Statue of White Woman Holding Hatchet and Scalps Sparks Backlash in New England
- 'We Always Knew What It Stood For': Small Texas Town Torn Over Its Confederate Statue
- UNC Tenured Faculty Tell Students to Stay Home Amid COVID Concerns: 'It Is Not Safe for You to Come to Campus'
- Counting Down with #19Suffrage Stories: 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Women Survivors of the Atomic Bombs
- How White Supremacy Infected Christianity and the Republican Party
- Reaganland Is the Riveting Conclusion to a Story That Still Isn’t Over (Review)
- Returning From War, Returning to Racism
- Remembering Our Friend and Colleague, Professor David H. Bensman