Doug Wead: Marilyn Monroe called Jackie Kennedy about JFK affairtags: JFK, CBS News, Doug Wead, Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy, Kennedys
(CBS News) Historians have long written about the possibility that Marilyn Monroe -- who died 51 years ago Monday -- and John F. Kennedy had a relationship.
Now, a new book claims Monroe actually called first lady Jacqueline Kennedy to talk about it.
The long rumored love affair between President John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe is at the center of Christopher Andersen's new book, "These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie."
Presidential historian Doug Wead thinks Andersen's sensational revelations could well be true. He said, "It's the sort of thing that's unbelievable but really happens in history. Some of these things we're uncovering right now will move from speculation to fact as time progresses."...
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?