Doug Wead: Marilyn Monroe called Jackie Kennedy about JFK affairtags: JFK, CBS News, Doug Wead, Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy, Kennedys
(CBS News) Historians have long written about the possibility that Marilyn Monroe -- who died 51 years ago Monday -- and John F. Kennedy had a relationship.
Now, a new book claims Monroe actually called first lady Jacqueline Kennedy to talk about it.
The long rumored love affair between President John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe is at the center of Christopher Andersen's new book, "These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie."
Presidential historian Doug Wead thinks Andersen's sensational revelations could well be true. He said, "It's the sort of thing that's unbelievable but really happens in history. Some of these things we're uncovering right now will move from speculation to fact as time progresses."...
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening