Bodies of Second World War airmen pulled from Muskoka laketags: World War II
OTTAWA—More than 70 years after they disappeared into the waters of Lake Muskoka, the pilots of Nomad 3521 have been recovered.
And on Tuesday, Peter Campbell, 24, of Britain and Canadian Ted Bates, 27, will be buried in a cemetery in Guelph, Ont.
“This recovery will provide closure to the families . . . These airmen can now be laid to rest with the military honours that they so rightfully deserve,” Defence Minister Rob Nicholson said in a statement....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I