Bodies of Second World War airmen pulled from Muskoka laketags: World War II
OTTAWA—More than 70 years after they disappeared into the waters of Lake Muskoka, the pilots of Nomad 3521 have been recovered.
And on Tuesday, Peter Campbell, 24, of Britain and Canadian Ted Bates, 27, will be buried in a cemetery in Guelph, Ont.
“This recovery will provide closure to the families . . . These airmen can now be laid to rest with the military honours that they so rightfully deserve,” Defence Minister Rob Nicholson said in a statement....
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?