Email scammers targeting historians, AHA warnstags: American Historical Association, emails, scams
The American Historical Association is warning members about a new email scam offering a pay-for-play chance to publish a scholarly paper.
The typical scam email, the AHA notes, "contains grammatical errors and unprofessional language" and is sent on behalf of non-existent journals.
If you receive an unsolicited email from an "academic" journal, please, due diligence. Google the name of the journal to verify it is real, and never, ever pay to have a paper placed in a journal.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch