Obama’s Fallout for the LeftRoundup: Historians' Take
tags: Barack Obama, conservatives
Conservatives keep blaring, “Obama lied!” over the president’s serial untruths about the Affordable Care Act. Even liberal pundits now talk of the president’s “misspeaking,” or even of his “misleading” statements and only so-so corrections.
But so what?...
Obama has proved disingenuous, without suffering many consequences, for much of his tenure — raising taxes when he said he would not; vastly increasing the national debt when he said he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term; promising lower unemployment when in fact he has presided over a jobless rate of 7 percent or more for every month of his administration; bragging about new gas and oil production, which actually came on private land despite, not because of, his efforts; claiming credit for reducing a deficit that fell only because of the sequestration that he fought, and only because his previous deficits were so staggering that they were not sustainable....
comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Women Work to Highlight History of Slaves in Maryland Town
- The History of Hand Sanitizer
- 10 Virtual History Museums and Experiences to Explore From Home
- The Biggest Distance-Learning Experiment In History: Week One
- “This One Is Scarier”: Obama-Era Officials Say Current Economic Crisis Is Fundamentally Different From 2008
- Political Historian-Commentator Richard Reeves Dies at 83
- The War (Not The Flu) That Saved The World Series
- ‘Unworthy Republic’ Takes an Unflinching Look at Indian Removal in the 1830s
- The Unlikely Story Behind Japanese Americans' Campaign For Reparations
- The U.S. Government Has Mobilized Private Companies to Face Crises Before. Here’s What to Know