Samuel Moyn: The History of "Human Rights" [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Samuel Moyn is a professor of intellectual history at Columbia University and a specialist in the history of human rights. Here, he explains how the concept of human rights developed in the eighteenth century in a very different way than our idea of human rights in the twentieth and twenty-first.
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left