Samuel Moyn: The History of "Human Rights" [VIDEO]Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, videos
Samuel Moyn is a professor of intellectual history at Columbia University and a specialist in the history of human rights. Here, he explains how the concept of human rights developed in the eighteenth century in a very different way than our idea of human rights in the twentieth and twenty-first.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?