Fredrik Logevall: How the U.S. Fumbled into Vietnam [VIDEO]Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, videos
Fredrik Logevall's Embers of War: The Fall of an Empire and the Making of America's Vietnam won the 2013 Pulitzer Prize for history. Here, the Cornell University professor explains how American lurched to war in Vietnam, and why Ho Chi Minh was a more complicated actor than policymakers of the time understood.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?