Fredrik Logevall: How the U.S. Fumbled into Vietnam [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Fredrik Logevall's Embers of War: The Fall of an Empire and the Making of America's Vietnam won the 2013 Pulitzer Prize for history. Here, the Cornell University professor explains how American lurched to war in Vietnam, and why Ho Chi Minh was a more complicated actor than policymakers of the time understood.
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions