Fredrik Logevall: How the U.S. Fumbled into Vietnam [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Fredrik Logevall's Embers of War: The Fall of an Empire and the Making of America's Vietnam won the 2013 Pulitzer Prize for history. Here, the Cornell University professor explains how American lurched to war in Vietnam, and why Ho Chi Minh was a more complicated actor than policymakers of the time understood.
comments powered by Disqus
- Theodore Van Kirk, 93, Enola Gay Navigator, Dies
- The beautiful, historic shrines that Islamists try to destroy
- East Germany's Blood Art: No Justice for Victims of Regime's Treasure Hunt
- President Warren Harding’s Love Letters Open to the Public
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy