School apologizes for black history lunch menu of fried chicken and watermelontags: Black History Month
CONCORD, Calif. (AP) — Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month angered some parents and students.
Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended....
comments powered by Disqus
- Theodore Van Kirk, 93, Enola Gay Navigator, Dies
- The beautiful, historic shrines that Islamists try to destroy
- East Germany's Blood Art: No Justice for Victims of Regime's Treasure Hunt
- President Warren Harding’s Love Letters Open to the Public
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?