Australian Politician Slams Australian Historian
Australia's leaders have slammed the Australian War Memorial's top historian, Peter Stanley, over his controversial claim that Japanese plans to invade Australia in 1942 were a "myth".
Prime Minister John Howard and Opposition Leader Kim Beazley rejected Dr Stanley's argument.
The historian angered veterans groups with his claim Australia perpetuates the myth through a "pathetic" desire to exaggerate the nation's role in the war.
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years