Secret WW1 spy files have been made available onlinetags: MI5, WW1, Mata Hari
Interrogation reports and photographs are among secret MI5 files about World War One spies being made available online for the first time.
Among the spies detailed are Swallows and Amazons author Arthur Ransome and Dutch spy Mata Hari, who was executed for spying for the Germans
More than 150 files are being made available in the digitised release.
It is part of a series by the National Archives to mark the centenary of World War One.
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions