So Cliven Bundy never said blacks might have been better off under slavery?
Here is the video of Cliven Bundy's racist tirade, in which he questioned whether black Americans were "better off as slaves" or "better off under government subsidy." His remarks initially appeared in a New York Timesarticle on April 23.
Bundy was heavily praised by conservatives in the media, who lauded his standoff with the federal government.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?