Historians Helping Historians: The Hurricane Katrina Message Board
By establishing this message board, the Organization of American Historians, the American Historical Association, and the Southern Historical Association would like to assist members of the historical community affected by Hurricane Katrina.
Post to the Message Board
You can 1.) post a request for assistance by area of need or 2.) post an offer of assistance by area of need.
To read postings on the board, please select from one of the following areas. (The number in parenthesis shows the number of posts received in that particular area of need.)
housing assistance (1)
replacement books or journals (0)
information on other historians (0)
textbooks or curriculum materials (0)
short-term fellowships or employment (0)
classroom equipment (0)
other assistance or needs not included above (1)
comments powered by Disqus
- New Website Uncovers History of the National Mall
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies