Boston College tapes: NBC launches legal bidtags: Boston College, Belfast Project
The American news network, NBC, has made a formal request to have transcripts from Boston College's Belfast Project released.
Its news investigations team made the application to a US Judge, William Young, who is one of the few people to have read the entire archive.
Information from the recordings has led to a series of arrests, including that of Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams.
The project was designed as an oral history of the Troubles.
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history