Samuel Eliot Morison’s grandson charged with stealing US Naval recordstags: Samuel Eliot Morison, Samuel Loring Morison
A Maryland man who in the 1980s was convicted of espionage and later pardoned for leaking spy satellite photos to a British magazine has been charged with stealing government records related to a famous Naval historian who was his grandfather.
Samuel Loring Morison, of Crofton, was arrested Tuesday but released pending trial. Prosecutors allege Morison, 69, stole government records tied to his grandfather, Rear Adm. Samuel Eliot Morison, from a Navy archive in Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I