OAH Amicus Brief Filed in Same-Sex Marriage CaseHistorians in the News
tags: LGBT, same-sex marriage, OAH
The OAH has submitted an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in the same-sex marriage case, James Obergefell, et al. vs. Richard Hodges, Director, Ohio Department of Public Health. Written by OAH member George Chauncey, professor of history and American studies at Yale University, the brief focuses on the history of discrimination against gays. Opening oral arguments are expected to be heard in the last week of April, with a decision to be issued the last week of June.
Read the full brief here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sex, Society and Scandal in 19th Century France
- More Information on Removal of Prof. Patricia Limerick from CU Center of the American West
- Misha Matsumoto Yee is Gilder Lehrman's History Teacher of the Year
- Aaron Burr: The Highest Ranking US Official to be Charged with Treason – So Far?
- When Italian Immigrants were Tricked into Debt Peonage in the Jim Crow South