Discredited David Barton hailed as America's foremost Christian historianHistorians in the News
tags: David Barton, Christian nation
He also says “a national news organization has described him as ‘America’s historian.’” I would like to know what news organization did that. I have never found the original source.
I don’t buy it. Someone who had earned the title America’s historian or the most recognized Christian historian would not say the following:
- The Constitution quotes the Bible verbatim
- Congress printed the first English language Bible
- Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 27 had seminary degrees
- Virginia law always forbid slave owners to free slaves
- Unitarian doctrine once included a Trinitarian concept of God
- Violent crime has increased 694% since 1963
- William Penn founded the Quakers
- The Jefferson Bible includes all the recorded words of Jesus
- Thomas Jefferson founded the Virginia Bible Society
- Moravian missionaries were in Massachusetts before 1840
- The NRA was started to arm freed blacks against the KKK
- There isn’t a vaccine for HIV because God promised to punish gays with HIV
- America’s historian probably wouldn’t tell people Simon & Schuster plans to publish a book when the publisher has no plans to do so. Such an historian would not make up a mythical college basketball career playing Division One NCAA college ball for a record-setting team.
comments powered by Disqus
- When Jim Crow Reigned Amid the Rubble of Nazi Germany
- Why Suburban American Homeowners Were Accused of Being a 'Profit-Making Cartel' in the 1970s
- Animals large and small once covered North America’s prairies – and in some places, they could again
- Library of Congress acquires major archive of African American photographer Shawn Walker
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Trump and the Christians: Evangelical historian John Fea on decoding the great paradox
- Six historians weigh in on the biggest misconceptions about black history
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History