Chaz Ebert Developing Emmett Till MovieBreaking News
tags: Emmett Till, Movie
The book was co-written by Till’s mother, the late Mamie Till-Mobley, and journalist Christopher Benson.
Till was 14 and visiting relatives in the Mississippi Delta when he was lynched after reportedly whistling at a white woman in 1955. Till’s murder galvanized the Civil Rights Movement.
comments powered by Disqus
- Where Did The Term ‘Redskins’ Come From?
- Hamilton, In Fiction And History, Is Key To Understanding The Electoral College
- A History of the Newly Resurgent 'Black National Anthem'
- ‘If You Want to Experience Liberation, Black Women Must Be at the Table’
- A Century After a Race Massacre, Tulsa Finally Digs for Suspected Mass Graves