Allan Lichtman: Running for the US Senate
American University political history professor, Maryland columnist, CNN political analyst, and voting rights expert Allan Lichtman, is announcing his candidacy as a Democrat for the open U.S. Senate seat in Maryland. He is running to challenge the biggest, most intrusive, and least responsive government in our history. Allan believes that the Bush administration has turned America’s traditions upside down. Today there is too much government interfering in our private lives, as in the cases of the USA Patriot Act and Terri Schiavo, and too little government meeting our needs, when it comes to funding education, getting us off the fossil fuel economy, and planning to bring our troops home from Iraq.
If you are in the area please come to the announcement and hear about the campaign for yourself. Allan is announcing at his son Sam’s public middle school surrounded by Sam’s classmates and friends. Details below:
Date: September 28, 2005
Time: 12:45 pm
Place: North Bethesda Middle School Gymnasium
8935 Bradmoor Drive,
CONTACT: 301-530-8262, firstname.lastname@example.org
comments powered by Disqus
Walter McElligott - 9/21/2005
ALLAN LICHTMAN TO RUN FOR US SENATE IN MARYLAND...
University political history professor, Maryland columnist, CNN political analyst, and voting rights expert Allan Lichtman, is announcing his candidacy as a Democrat for the open U.S. Senate seat in Maryland.
All of this background & wisdom & your still running for office? You & Hill!
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!