Phoenix Councilman charges that Matthew Whitaker plagiarized his Powerpoint slide presentation and now insists on being paid for itHistorians in the News
tags: plagiarism, Matthew Whitaker
Related Link Phoenix demands refund of 21K from ASU prof's company
Phoenix Councilman Sal DiCiccio is demanding that a plagiarizing Arizona State University professor return money the city paid him for material he submitted for an anti-bias training program for police.
DiCiccio says Matthew Whittaker's firm, The Whitaker Group, was paid $21,800 by the city after Whitaker sent invoices for the time it took him to prepare the material for mandatory classes to be taken by the Phoenix Police Department's roughly 3,000 officers.
Whitaker vigorously denied DiCiccio's accusations this afternoon. (See below.)
DiCiccio released a slide-by-slide comparison of a Powerpoint-style presentation that Whitaker prepared for the training, which DiCiccio says the history professor plagiarized from a Chicago Police Department cultural-training program. DiCiccio's office also released invoices and e-mails between Whitaker and city officials.
This is not the first plagiarism claim against Whitaker. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of