NEW KID ON THE BLOCK 11-06-03
I am pleased to join Liberty and Power. As I told David when I was invited, there are several writers on this list whose work I've admired for some time. It's awfully flattering to be invited to join such an august group. I hope I can hold up my end of the bargain.
I author the majority of my blogging work at SCSU Scholars. SCSU is St. Cloud State University, my employer, which National Association of Scholars president Steve Balch once described as"ground zero" of the battle against political correctness in Minnesota. The Scholars blog grew out of a desire to have a way for people opposed to the infantilization of our university's curriculum, the curtailment of free speech, and the continued poor governance by both the administration and a faculty union.
I am hoping to bring a couple of items from there to the readers of L&P, but more to the point I'd like an opportunity to expand my writing beyond issues in higher education. I will write often on international political economy and central banking (these are my areas of expertise).
Posted by King Banaian at 4:50 p.m. EST
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?