CBS interviews historian who got the truth about the murder of Emmett TillHistorians in the News
tags: civil rights, Emmett Till, Carolyn Bryant Donham
In 1955, a 21-year-old white woman named Carolyn Bryant claimed a black teenager, Emmett Till, made sexual advances toward her. That claim led to Till's kidnapping and murder. Historian Timothy Tyson says the woman has broken her silence for the first time to recant her story. Tyson joins "CBS This Morning" to discuss his new book, "The Blood of Emmett Till," which examines Bryant's claims.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watching 'Chernobyl': How Important Are Visuals for Understanding History?
- The Surprising Things Arctic Ice Can Tell Us About Human History
- 'History on a stick’ signs disappearing too fast to keep up
- Colin Palmer, Historian of the African Diaspora, Is Dead at 75
- What and Whom Are Jewish Museums For?