'The first Oval Office': Museum will showcase Washington’s Revolutionary War tentBreaking News
tags: Revolutionary War, Washington, Oval Office
A stunning artifact from the Revolutionary War - General George Washington’s field tent – will go on display when the Museum of the American Revolution opens its doors in April.
Dubbed “the first Oval Office,” the canvas tent will be the cornerstone of the Philadelphia-based Museum’s collection of approximately 3,000 Revolutionary War-era artifacts.
The museum’s opening on April 19 will be the first time in decades that the tent has been on public display.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Unluckiest Generation In U.S. History
- Larry Kramer, Author and Outspoken AIDS Activist, Dies at 84
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama