Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contractHistorians in the News
tags: ASU, plagiarism, Matthew Whitaker
An arbitrator has found in favor of a controversial Arizona State University professor in his battle with the city of Phoenix over a training program for police officers.
The city sued Matthew C. Whitaker for breach of contract, fraud and negligent misrepresentation after he developed a training program for Phoenix police in 2015 that contained materials used by the Chicago Police Department.
The arbitrator found in favor of Whitaker on all counts, according to documents filed in Maricopa County Superior Court.
Whitaker faced accusations of plagiarism twice previously for work he published while a professor at ASU. Several months ago, he agreed to resign his tenured position with the university on May 17, 2017.
Whitaker's attorney, Jeffrey Silence, said he hopes the city does the right thing and "leaves Dr. Whitaker alone." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of