"It's a race!" Will the UK or EU collapse first? What Norman Davies thinks.Historians in the News
tags: UK, EU, Brexit, Norman Davies
Norman Davies, a renowned historian, said that both the European Union and the United Kingdom will also eventually break up.
He said: “I’m pretty certain that Poland will last longer than the United Kingdom.
“Whether the European Union will, I’m not so sure.
“In a way, it has been a race to see who get into the deeper trouble first. It doesn’t look good for the United Kingdom.”
Host Adam Boulton asked whether the historian could see the United Kingdom eventually breaking up.
Mr Davies replied: “Everything will break up sooner or later.
“We were pretty close to it in the Scottish referendum, the tide has gone out a bit." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Santae Tribble, Whose Wrongful Conviction Revealed FBI Forensic Hair Match Flaws, Dies at 59
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots
- The Politics of Race are Shifting, and Politicians are Struggling to Keep Pace
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing