"It's a race!" Will the UK or EU collapse first? What Norman Davies thinks.Historians in the News
tags: UK, EU, Brexit, Norman Davies
Norman Davies, a renowned historian, said that both the European Union and the United Kingdom will also eventually break up.
He said: “I’m pretty certain that Poland will last longer than the United Kingdom.
“Whether the European Union will, I’m not so sure.
“In a way, it has been a race to see who get into the deeper trouble first. It doesn’t look good for the United Kingdom.”
Host Adam Boulton asked whether the historian could see the United Kingdom eventually breaking up.
Mr Davies replied: “Everything will break up sooner or later.
“We were pretty close to it in the Scottish referendum, the tide has gone out a bit." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Plymouth Rock vandalized with red graffiti ahead of 400th anniversary of Mayflower landing
- The enslaved people who built and staffed the White House: An afterthought no more
- Truman and Coolidge go up, Jefferson and Jackson go down. How history remembers presidents
- George Steiner: The Last Viennese Jew
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History
- This one-of-a-kind conference celebrates the real people behind the Underground Railroad
- Zara Steiner, distinguished scholar of diplomatic history, dies at 91