Sam Houston Could Soon Be Getting His Own Presidential LibraryBreaking News
tags: Sam Houston, Presidential Library
Sam Houston could soon be getting his own presidential library.
While the hero of the Texas Revolution and our city’s namesake was never President of the United States, he did serve as President of the Republic of Texas on two separate occasions. So, since he was president of a country, why not give him his own presidential library?
In 2017, the 85th Texas Legislature approved a resolution for the creation of the Sam Houston Republic of Texas Presidential Library at SHSU to honor Houston’s contributions in shaping the state and to be a clearing house for information on – and artifacts of – Houston himself.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Complicated History of Abortion and Abortion Law in the United States
- Discovery of Earliest Known Record of Mayan Calendar
- Buffalo Shooting Centuries in Making, Say Historians of Slavery and Reconstruction
- Isaac Chotiner Interviews Kathleen Belew on White Power and the Buffalo Mass Shooting
- What if Mental Illness Isn't All In Your Head?