Sam Houston Could Soon Be Getting His Own Presidential LibraryBreaking News
tags: Sam Houston, Presidential Library
Sam Houston could soon be getting his own presidential library.
While the hero of the Texas Revolution and our city’s namesake was never President of the United States, he did serve as President of the Republic of Texas on two separate occasions. So, since he was president of a country, why not give him his own presidential library?
In 2017, the 85th Texas Legislature approved a resolution for the creation of the Sam Houston Republic of Texas Presidential Library at SHSU to honor Houston’s contributions in shaping the state and to be a clearing house for information on – and artifacts of – Houston himself.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel