Black Perspectives Announces Online Forum Honoring the Life and Work of Dr. Rosalyn Terborg-PennHistorians in the News
tags: Black Perspectives, Rosalyn Terborg-Penn
Black Perspectives, the award-winning blog of the African American Intellectual History Society (AAIHS), is hosting an online forum honoring the life and work of Dr. Rosalyn Terborg-Penn, a pioneering scholar in the field of Black women’s history and co-founder of the Association of Black Women Historians (ABWH). Contributors explore the impact Terborg-Penn had on their individual careers — mentoring, influencing, and inspiring numerous scholars of Black history as a professor and leader at Morgan State University. Forum pieces also highlight the instrumental role Terborg-Penn’s scholarship played in developing the field of African American women’s history.
The forum begins on Monday, October 21st and concludes on Thursday, October 24th.
The forum is organized by Stephen G. Hall (Independent Researcher). It will feature pieces from Hall, Sasha Turner (Quinnipiac University), Jewell C. Debnam (Morgan State University), and Ida E. Jones (Morgan State University).
During the week of the online forum, Black Perspectives will publish new blog posts every day at 5:30AM EST. Please follow Black Perspectives (@BlkPerspectives) and AAIHS (@AAIHS) on Twitter, like AAIHS on Facebook, and subscribe to our blog for updates. By subscribing to Black Perspectives, each new post will automatically be delivered to your inbox during the week of the forum.
comments powered by Disqus
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"
- When Southern Historians Made History Themselves