‘Lincoln’ & ‘Theodore Roosevelt’ Miniseries Lead History Slate As A+E Networks Expands Relationship With Leonardo DiCaprio & Doris Kearns GoodwinHistorians in the News
tags: doris kearns goodwin, documentary, television
Lincoln (working title) and Theodore Roosevelt (working title) are both exec produced by Presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, while Leonardo DiCaprio and his Appian Way Productions company are involved in the latter.
Lincoln is a three-part series, featuring two-hour episodes, that will be a multi-layered biography of the 16th President. From Lincoln’s impoverished childhood to his days as a young prairie lawyer and budding politician, through his unlikely election to the presidency and eventual assassination, the miniseries will feature live action scripted sequences, expert interviews and a rich historical archive of rare photographs, prints, and original documents.
Theodore Roosevelt is a two-part series, featuring two-hour episodes, on Roosevelt, widely considered the first modern President of the United States. It will look at the 26th President’s personal story, his work as a progressive reformer as well as his contradictions such as being a passionate conservationist who also hunted; a friend and supporter of the common man, who also worked closely with Wall Street and robber barons and a scion of an elite family who yearned to be a cowboy. Similarly, it will incorporate live action scripted sequences with expert interviews and live action sequences.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Danger Of Depoliticising Black Power Activism
- Trump Wants $5 Billion From TikTok Deal for History Project
- Donald Trump vs. the Ivy League: An Election-Year Battle
- How Jimi Hendrix, Racism and Grunge Intersect, 50 Years after the Guitarist’s Death
- Conservatives Are Already Whitewashing the Trump Years
- Capitalism Isn't Working Anymore. Here's How The Pandemic Could Change It Forever
- How the Black Vote Became a Monolith
- Dive Into John F. Kennedy’s Daily CIA Updates
- “Nationalism Will Run Roughshod Over Democracy”: What Can Nazi Germany Tell Us About Trump’s GOP? (Podcast)
- Stephen F. Cohen, Influential Historian of Russia, Dies at 81