America’s Racial Reckoning: Black Lives and Black Futures in Historical, Political and Legal Context (STREAMING TODAY 12:00 NOON EDT)Breaking News
tags: racism, video, Black lives matter, Protest, Lectures
America is in the midst of reckoning with the legacies of racism, racial violence, and systemic injustice against black people. The current national uprising, sparked by the recent murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, have exposed the complex intersections of history, politics, and the law in how race, white supremacy, and anti-blackness function in American society.
Join us for a conversation with leading Brandeis faculty about these issues and how we can chart a new future for black lives. The event will be live streamed; there is no need to register. Brandeis community members are invited to submit questions for the panelists in advance.
Moderator and Panelists:
comments powered by Disqus
- White Author Reflects On Finding, Bringing Together Descendants Of Enslaved People In His Family (Audio)
- A Milestone for Palestinian Studies
- Paul Seaver, Leading Historian of Early Modern England, Dies at 88
- Trump has Never Even Read a 'Children's Book' about Abraham Lincoln: Douglas Brinkley (Video)
- Taking My Children to See Frederick Douglass