UN to vote on establishment of global Holocaust remembrance day
The proposal calls for January 27, the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, to be recognized as the day which the UN marks as Holocaust Day. In recent years, a few European states have set an annual date on their calendar to commemorate the Holocaust.
As part of the UN proposal, all member states will be called upon to develop an educational curriculum meant to instill the memory of the Holocaust among the coming generations in order to prevent future instances of genocide.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians