Aaron Burr Association Welcomes Black Family Descendant
comments powered by Disqus
Suzanne G. Bowles - 11/23/2005
I am a member of the Aaron Burr Association & I was present at this meeting. I heard absolutely nothing that convinced me that Aaron Burr was the father of John Pierre Burr & his sister And I heard several things that convinced me that he wasn't. No documentation of any connection was offered (although reasons were offered why that was the case). And no credible, or even any, evidence was put forth that would indicate that Burr was present at the place & time that these children were conceived.
I emphasize that I am writing solely as a private individual, albeit one who is a professional historian, not as a spokesperson for the Aaron Burr Association.
- Theodore Van Kirk, 93, Enola Gay Navigator, Dies
- The beautiful, historic shrines that Islamists try to destroy
- East Germany's Blood Art: No Justice for Victims of Regime's Treasure Hunt
- President Warren Harding’s Love Letters Open to the Public
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?