Mozart birthday fever grips Austria
Austria is celebrating the 250th birthday of one of its most famous sons - the composer, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Salzburg, the city of his birth, is hoping to cash in with a mixture of kitsch and high culture and its Mozart industry is going into overdrive this month.
An enterprising local dairy has developed a new Mozart yogurt and a Mozart dessert drink - flavoured with chocolate, hazelnut and marzipan.
The yogurt is one of hundreds of new products being developed for the composer's 250th birthday on 27 January.
As well as yogurt, you can buy Mozart sausage, Mozart baby bottles and Mozart perfume. Traders here are hoping for a bumper year.
Some Austrians think it all too much, including Kurt Palm, himself the author of a new book about Mozart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch