Votes start for new Seven Wonders of the World
The foundation’s aim is to highlight the plight of the world’s cultural heritage; the shortlisted monuments had to be man-made, predate the year 2000 and in a decent state of preservation. They include the Acropolis in Greece, Yucatan (Mexico), the Eiffel Tower, the Great Wall of China, Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, New York’s Statue of Liberty and Stonehenge in the UK. The pyramids of Giza in Egypt are the only original ancient wonder included in the list.
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left