Votes start for new Seven Wonders of the World
The foundation’s aim is to highlight the plight of the world’s cultural heritage; the shortlisted monuments had to be man-made, predate the year 2000 and in a decent state of preservation. They include the Acropolis in Greece, Yucatan (Mexico), the Eiffel Tower, the Great Wall of China, Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, New York’s Statue of Liberty and Stonehenge in the UK. The pyramids of Giza in Egypt are the only original ancient wonder included in the list.
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years