East German Parliament building to be demolished
The fate of the building - a huge steel-and-concrete complex with bronze-colored windows that opened in 1976 and also housed a concert hall - has divided Berliners for more than a decade. After German reunification in 1990, the building was closed, and it was gutted after asbestos contamination was discovered.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I