East German Parliament building to be demolished
The fate of the building - a huge steel-and-concrete complex with bronze-colored windows that opened in 1976 and also housed a concert hall - has divided Berliners for more than a decade. After German reunification in 1990, the building was closed, and it was gutted after asbestos contamination was discovered.
comments powered by Disqus
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is