Valuable sculpture found in snow
Investigators had scoured the world for the statue since it disappeared in May 2003.
The slightly damaged statue was returned to the museum in Vienna.
Head of Vienna's criminal police Ernst Geiger said the suspect, a 50-year-old man, was arrested on Friday.
He turned himself in when investigators published a photo of him.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?