Valuable sculpture found in snow
Investigators had scoured the world for the statue since it disappeared in May 2003.
The slightly damaged statue was returned to the museum in Vienna.
Head of Vienna's criminal police Ernst Geiger said the suspect, a 50-year-old man, was arrested on Friday.
He turned himself in when investigators published a photo of him.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians