Rebuke communism's evil past? Nyet.
On Wednesday, the assembly, which represents legislators from European countries, called for governments to confront their nations' former policies of starvation, mass executions and concentration camps. Yesterday, Boris Gryzlov, the Russian speaker, labeled the statement "a waste of energy and time" and a "crusade against ghosts of the past."
comments powered by Disqus
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians