Rebuke communism's evil past? Nyet.
The speaker of Russia's Parliament snubbed a call by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe for former Communist countries to reassess their repressive histories and to "condemn them without any ambiguity."
On Wednesday, the assembly, which represents legislators from European countries, called for governments to confront their nations' former policies of starvation, mass executions and concentration camps. Yesterday, Boris Gryzlov, the Russian speaker, labeled the statement "a waste of energy and time" and a "crusade against ghosts of the past."
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch