Here a Museum, There a Museum
Already, in fact, there are two other projects that have been approved — a visitors' center linked to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and a memorial to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., to be located near the Jefferson Memorial. And there are several standing proposals for other projects, including a museum dedicated to Latino-American history and a monument to President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
"If Congress keeps making exceptions, then the policy is worthless," said Judy Scott Feldman, president of the National Coalition to Save Our Mall.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I