Here a Museum, There a Museum
Already, in fact, there are two other projects that have been approved — a visitors' center linked to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and a memorial to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., to be located near the Jefferson Memorial. And there are several standing proposals for other projects, including a museum dedicated to Latino-American history and a monument to President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
"If Congress keeps making exceptions, then the policy is worthless," said Judy Scott Feldman, president of the National Coalition to Save Our Mall.
comments powered by Disqus
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is