Here a Museum, There a Museum
Already, in fact, there are two other projects that have been approved — a visitors' center linked to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and a memorial to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., to be located near the Jefferson Memorial. And there are several standing proposals for other projects, including a museum dedicated to Latino-American history and a monument to President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
"If Congress keeps making exceptions, then the policy is worthless," said Judy Scott Feldman, president of the National Coalition to Save Our Mall.
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions