Here a Museum, There a Museum
Already, in fact, there are two other projects that have been approved — a visitors' center linked to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and a memorial to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., to be located near the Jefferson Memorial. And there are several standing proposals for other projects, including a museum dedicated to Latino-American history and a monument to President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
"If Congress keeps making exceptions, then the policy is worthless," said Judy Scott Feldman, president of the National Coalition to Save Our Mall.
comments powered by Disqus
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!