Lucky coin found in medieval ship
A French silver coin has been found embedded in the keel of a medieval ship uncovered on the banks of the river Usk in Newport three years ago.
The discovery of the 15th Century coin is being interpreted as a sign that the ship came originally from France.
Experts believe the coin was new and was intended to be a good luck charm.
Project leader Kate Hunter said a colleague was shaking when she found the coin. She said: "We all understood immediately how important it was."
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch