Millionaire's art works are taken
Thieves raided Ramsbury Manor - a 17th Century mansion in Wiltshire said to be worth more than £20m, and home of Harry Hyams - on Wednesday night.
A Wiltshire Police spokesman said the items taken, including fine art and porcelain, were "worth a substantial amount - into the millions".
The stolen items included a 1675 clock from the reign of Charles II.
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals