Millionaire's art works are taken
Millions of pounds worth of "museum quality" art has been stolen from the home of a reclusive property tycoon.
Thieves raided Ramsbury Manor - a 17th Century mansion in Wiltshire said to be worth more than £20m, and home of Harry Hyams - on Wednesday night.
A Wiltshire Police spokesman said the items taken, including fine art and porcelain, were "worth a substantial amount - into the millions".
The stolen items included a 1675 clock from the reign of Charles II.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch