Falkland War Memorial Near
The five-tonne rock is a gift from the people of the Falklands to Welsh veterans of the 1982 conflict.
On Sunday it was transported on the last leg of the journey by part-time soldiers from a TA regiment.
It is hoped the stone will form the centrepiece of a veterans' memorial to mark the 25th anniversary of the war.
Falklands veteran Andy 'Curly' Jones found the stone at the base of Mount Harriet, near the Falklands' capital Stanley on a visit to the islands last March.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I