Falkland War Memorial Near
A stone which will form part of a Falklands War memorial arrived in Brecon on Sunday after an 8,500 mile journey from the south Atlantic.
The five-tonne rock is a gift from the people of the Falklands to Welsh veterans of the 1982 conflict.
On Sunday it was transported on the last leg of the journey by part-time soldiers from a TA regiment.
It is hoped the stone will form the centrepiece of a veterans' memorial to mark the 25th anniversary of the war.
Falklands veteran Andy 'Curly' Jones found the stone at the base of Mount Harriet, near the Falklands' capital Stanley on a visit to the islands last March.
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original